"I live to paint. I dream of painting and paint as if there is no tomorrow." Belinda Low
"I would rather die of passion than of boredom." Vincent Van Gogh.
If you wish to own a piece of my work, prints are available at FAA
email me at : email@example.com for ORIGINALS and commissioned work/murals
Instagram : @lowbelinda
Facebook - The Art of Belinda Low.
[All work in these galleries is the original work of Belinda Low, and are copyrighted. They may not be downloaded, copied, reproduced, manipulated or used in any form, without prior written consent of the artist. ]
What started as a hobby has evolved through the five years since I started toward the end of 2011 to become a job that I am passionate about.
I acquaint myself to a solitary bloom standing amidst the water in the surge for the need to survive.
I find myself at times choking with emotion at what I see and feel around me. Just as a writer pen his thoughts onto paper, I placed mine with every stroke my feelings and thoughts onto canvas and wall. Nature moves and talks to me through my mind, my heart and my soul. I think of nothing except paint the minute I wake up and when I lie down. What would life be without art? Without being able to create?
A small inner voice said to me a few years ago -�To start painting and share with the world what you have been blessed with�. From thereon, there was no stopping. I felt I was borne to do this and to fulfill whatever purpose I was meant to do the later half of my life.
Although the journey seems lonely at times , yet at the same time, it's beautiful and fulfilling in the wild.
My wish and philosophy - To live out the rest of my life painting and at various parts of the world and as far as I can go...I am racing against Time chasing my dreams, passions, my vision and purpose which are multi-fold empowering others to follow their heart and dreams.
My style - Post impressionistic, expressionistic and sometimes veering toward realism. My forte lies in (but not limited to) portraiture, landscapes, cityscapes (architecture), seascapes using acrylic as the main medium. I paint all kinds of subjects. I find faces especially intriguing cos they express the most. I love to use bold colors and strong brushstrokes showing intense emotions exuding and transcending these to the viewer. I want to make a contribution by sharing with society as best I can and in whatever opportunities that lie ahead. I feel I have achieved and fulfilled that purpose when a piece of myself goes to somewhere or someone's home in that painting. The journey continues and moves toward what seems exciting times...Thank you for visiting my gallery. I wish for every one good health, joy and inner peace.
Artbox.Project - Basel, Switzerland - June 2017
Blue Centre, Kalamata, Greece - March 2017
Small Painting Exhibition in aid of Ren Ci Hospital 19-22 February 2017 (Sold Solitary Bloom)
Older & Wiser II - Tan Tock Seng Hospital, 18-24 February 2017
The Artwork Project, Miami, (Florida) Dec 2016
Rivendel, Cheptandiau, Larochemillay, Morvan (France)
My Art Space - 2012 to 2017
Gautama Gallery at The Foothills @Fort Canning Park- 2012-2015
Dhoby Ghaut Green - 2014
Tan Tock Seng Hospital - 2015
Bosch Building - 2015
School of Thoughts - 2015
The Arts House (Old Parliament Building) - 2015
Galeri Utama, Galeri Nila, The Foothills Fort Canning Park - 2015
One Degree 15 Marina, Singapore - 2014
More than 35 walls/murals in Clarke Quay, MacPherson, Punggol, Jurong, Chinatown, Holland Village, North Buona Vista, Commonwealth, Bukit Timah, Sembawang - from 2013 and still counting ...
EXPERIENCE from Present to Past (in descending order)
2018 - Painting trip - Follow Van Gogh, France
2017 - Banda Goes Digital - Mural in IT room for seniors - May 2017
- Art Jam for a Marina Bay Gold Course (MBGC) 28 April 2017
- Wallart for Yang Language School, April 2017
- Wallart for cafe (Enchante) - 24 & 25 Feb 2017
- Greece (Kalamata) - Painting trip - March
- Small Painting Exhibition My Art Space in aid of charity Jan 2017
- Older but Wiser Exhibition and live demo sketching - Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Feb 2017
- Mural for Seniors Corner (Banda, Chinatown) - May 2017
- Mural for Residents Corner (Jurong) - April 2017
- Mural for Language School (the Grandstand) - Apr 1 & 2, 2017
- Commissioned work (green mountain and sky) - 24 & 25 March 2017
- 800 plank art - Unity in Diversity theme (Jurong CC) - May 2017
2016 - Live Wedding painting - Dec 18
- The Artwork Project - Miami, December 1-6
- Murals (two walls) at Commonwealth housing estate, Singapore - November/December
- Small group art jamming sessions for families - Sept - Dec
- "The Grand Dame","Who's That Girl", "In the Same Boat" - prints SOLD -August/September
- Commissioned work on tote bag 'Shimmering City Night Lights' & shoes- August/October
- Commissioned Mural for Cali Cafe© and Bar - Jan/Feb (Lorong Mambong, Singapore)
- Myanmar - March
- Larochemillay, Morvan, France - June
- The Future of Us - Mural for a home of Mr Lee Kuan Yee - January
- 9 Murals at Holland Village - Jan to June
2015 - Travels cum painting trips- Penang (Malaysia) - April 2015
- France (Paris, Avignon, Vence, Avallon, Nice, Arles, St Remy) - June 2015
- Murals at Chinatown, Singapore - total 11 in all (Sep 2014 to Mar 2015) - in line with SG50 celebration Heritage theme
- Exhibition at Gautama Gallery at The Foothills @Fort Canning Park - 8-13 August 2015
- Artists' Night Out: Lights, Camera, Action -- Outdoor exhibition at Dhoby Ghaut Green - 29 & 30 August, 2015
- Majulah! Kampong Spirit of the Contemporary World featuring women from different races of the yesteryears -- 7 to 27 November
Exhibiting in 4 venues - Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Bosch Bldg, School of Thoughts, The Arts House (Old Parliament Bldg)
- Exhibition Older But Wiser 5-18 December 2015 - My Grandpa & I at Galeri Utama, Galeri Nila, The Foothills Fort Canning Park
- Exhibition All Walks of Life 14-16 Dec 2015 - Through the Gate, My Art Space
- Commissioned work - Close To You II Nov
- SOLD : Dreams- November
- Commissioned work - I Wish the Best for You - August
- Commissioned Mural - "The Future of Us" - December
2014 - Painting trip to Angkor Wat, Siem Reap, Cambodia - February
- Continuing mural work at MacPherson "Irises at MacPherson" - Feb/Mar
- First print SOLD of Hej Stockholm - February
- Mural work at Jurong featuring Pablo Picasso - March
- Sri Lanka - end April
- Sweden and Norway - May
- Commissioned work "Inseparable - Sunny & Milly" - March http://fineartamerica.com/featured/inseparable-belinda-low.html
- Featured as Artist of the Month in May (AOTM) in the Asian Perspective Group
- Commissioned work "Starry Night at The Courtyard Cafe" - June
- SOLD "RESPECT" and "Home is Where the Heart Is" - August
- Mural project, Chinatown - 11 walls - Sep 2014 till March 2015
- SOLD Original painting "Life is a Bouquet of Flowers" Oct
- Two artworks "Wish I Could Stay" and "Starry Night over the City in the Year 2014" featured in the art publication "International Contemporary Artists Vol. IX" - Nov
- Mural at the Women's Ward, Institute of Mental Health "Walk Toward Sanity and Peace" - December
2013 - First public exhibition held at Queenstown Community Centre.
- Consignment at a marina "One Degree Fifteen" showcasing 20 selected art pieces June-September - extended to December 2013
- Street art at a walkway under the Singapore River showcasing historical developments from birth of nation to the present - July/Aug
"Cool Dude" "Her Royal Highness" "Born Free"
- Silent auction for charity at the Istana Park 24 August 2013
- Sale of original artwork to US art collector in LA, CA "Colorful Sun-day"
- Street art at a housing estate displaying Van Gogh art "Irises at Mapherson" "Springtime in Macpherson" "Starry Night over Macpherson"
- Featured in Longitude, an inhouse newsletter at the One Degree 15 Sep/Oct 2013
- One of three winners in the Special Juried Art Competition held by My Art Space @November 22 2013 "It is Well with My Soul"
2012 - Winner in the Favorite of the month (April) at My Art Space "Red Cathedral - Journey of Peace and Serenity"
- Winner in the Realistic Category for Lotus theme in July at My Art Space "Solitary Bloom"
- Participated in a juried art exhibition held at National Parks Gallery - August 2012
- Plein air painting trips in Bali
- Commissioned works "City Around the River" and "The Way We Were"
- Appeared on television in Okto channel-- an arts channel featuring local artists visiting residents in July 2012. "Into the Light" where I collaborated with a mural wall artist who specialises in graffiti in this program